I look for images which capture a kind of magic of the everyday - the subtle moments as life unfolds. It's my way of telling a story. I love how photographs can evoke memories as well as reference reality. I photograph to see the possibilities of what is, what can be and sometimes what was. It's a discovery and the resultant image is a tremendous gift. This blog is a means of sharing and giving back some uncommonly beautiful moments provided by the people and places I met. The title, You Are Here, came about as a desire for this space to function both as a kind of guidepost and meeting point. Thank you.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Croquet in the afternoon
















































Welcome to my inaugural blog posting! This will be a work of progress as I will be figuring my way around in this curious sphere. Meanwhile...

3 comments:

Unknown July 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

best mallet shots i've seen! also like red dress/phallus--most compelling. love, p

sam August 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Hey Monika! Nice blog...I especially like the b/w photos - they seem to come from a whole other era...eerie and nostalgic and cool...

rob August 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

a mid summer afternoon in Pittsfield
a motley crew
that chunky crack when the mallot meets the ball
grass and wickets and beer
I've always hated that rule where your opponent can knock you way out of bounds
I'm going home for a nap now

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP